So tonight I tried making a new recipe. It’s a weight watchers recipe called General Tso’s chicken. I have had this before in Chinese restaurants and I love it and so does Sarah so I had to try it. I never pronounce that general’s name correctly so I call him Toes. Well, Sarah and I loved it, though I will make some small changes next time. I will include this recipe here. First I will tell you what I ate so far today.
- Breakfast sandwich–I have this for breakfast every day because it fills me up and I like it. I have made it myself from scratch but the Jimmy Dean D’lite sandwich takes two minutes to nuke and making it myself, well, it’s just not happening. 5 points
- coffee 3 points
- Lunch -Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza. I love these pizzas. Granted I could eat 4 or 5 of them but I will settle for one. 7 points
- Dinner- Toes chicken 6 points.
- snack -Smart Ones peanut butter sundae 3 points
- snack: lentil chips and cottage cheese 3 points
- Vita brownie and whipped cream 2 points
Total 29 points
At the end of the recipe I will tell you what I will change next time.
I was going to make a vegetable to go with it but I didn’t have time because Sarah had to go back to work . The General’s chicken usually has broccoli in it but it wasn’t included in the recipe and we had just had broccoli a couple of days ago. Next time I will add broccoli to it. After Sarah and I each took a cup of the dinner there wasn’t much left so Obie will be eating something else when he finally gets home. The broccoli would have stretched it out more. It just seemed like a lot of chicken to be eating. The flavor was really good though so I will make it again. Oh, the 6 points includes the 1/2 cup of rice.
So I still have a few points to have another snack later tonight. I think I will take a photo of the recipes I make after this. I swear, if I wasn’t blogging about what I am eating I would probably be staring into the fridge for more food.