Yup, I’m fat. I’m not plump or chubby or large. I’m freakin fat as in really fat or at least I was two years ago at 350 big ones. Granted I’ve slimmed down some but I still need to lose a good 100 pounds.
For me Weight Watchers has been key. I never could have done it without the meetings. Losing weight is hard. I don’t care what some skinny woman says. IT IS HARD!! But not impossible. I have lost at least 1000 pounds over the years using every fad diet around. Obviously, none of them worked but weight watchers does (for me).
I have about 30 or more recipes that I have adapted to weight watchers that even the rest of the family loves. I also have found some good low point snacks. I thought I would share a few of them with you. They are not mind bending recipes or snacks but they are tips that work for me.
- I don’t care what anyone says water does NOT fill me up. Maybe for about 2 minutes but that’s it.
- Vitalicious muffins and brownies are a great snack. OK, the brownies do not taste like Duncan Hines but if you heat one , add fat free cool whip and strawberries you have a 1 weight watcher point snack. www.vitalicious.com. I buy the mix because it’s cheaper to make them than to buy them all made. The ingredients are healthy and with 6 grams of fiber they help fill you up. Vitalicious makes a blueberry muffin mix which you can turn into awesome pumpkin muffins for 2 points. The recipe is on their website.
- Kozy Shack chocolate pudding is another healthy product which tastes great for 1 point. www.kozyshack.com
- Lay’s ruffle potato chips makes a fat free chip. A 1 ounce bag is 1 point BUT it contains Olestra which can give some people diarrhea. Fortunately 1 ounce doesn’t bother me. 1 oz is like a small bag of chips. I dip them in salsa which is 0 points.
- I slice yellow squash and dip the slices in salsa for 0 points.
- Orville Redenbacher makes mini bags of 94% fat free popcorn that you pop in the microwave for 1 point. It’s good too.
- I have to eat lots of protein in the morning. Protein will fill you up longer than carbs will. It’s a fact.
- For breakfast I eat 2 egg beaters & 1 turkey sausage patty stuffed between 2 slices of weight watchers multi grain bread. Total points is 4. I usually add veggies to the egg beaters for 0 points.
- Sometimes instead of using bread I will use a 1 point wrap which do exist.
- If I am feeling lazy I will eat a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich D’lite. I eat the turkey sausage ones for 5 points. It’s an English muffin, cheese, egg beaters and a turkey sausage.
- I make sure to eat lunch so that I am not starving at supper.
- I also eat berries for snacks. Berries have less sugar than most other fruits.
- Weight watchers makes some good ice cream for 1 or 2 points if I’m craving the cold stuff.
I think I have more ideas but I can’t remember them right now. I have to go harvest my corn at Farm Town on Facebook.