On November 11, 19XX ( no one can remember what year) my grandparents were married. On November 11, 1936 my parents were married. On November 11, 1972 my sister was married. On November 11, 2006 my sister’s daughter, my niece, was married.
Four generations all married on the same day. My parents and grandparents are gone but the other two couples are here and celebrating today. I wish them both all the best. And you two, Yes, Emily and Barbara , better leave a comment here. They read my blog but rarely leave comments. But I love them both and their wonderful husbands.
My niece and her hubby have gone away overnight and my sister is home cooking some long involved Williams Sonoma recipe for her husband that involves pie crust, blue cheese, beef and beer.
Beef and Stout Pie
It’s nothing I could eat but it sure looks good.
Stuff I have been thinking about today (actually in the last five minutes):
- Do leaf blowers really work?
- What should I cook for supper?
- Should I watch another episode or 5 of LOST?
- It’s a beautiful day.
- I should go outside.
- And do what?
- I should eat something.
- I wish my camera took better photos or is it that I am a bad photographer?
- If the “Hound of the Baskervilles” howls all night tonight I am going to get up, find it and call the police. That dog sounds like something out of a horror movie.
- My daughter said she couldn’t hear it. I hope to hell I’m not the only one hearing it. Note to self: Find out if anyone else heard it last night.
- I want some of that pie my sister is making.
- I need to find some new recipes.
- How long can I stare at the sun before I go blind?
- Oh, crap!! I stared too long. Now I have a big spot in my eye and can’t see the computer that well.
- What can I laminate?
- I should clean up this pile of papers.
- I should finish the dishes.
- I think snow blowers work OK.
- I know I’m not going to be able to stop these little black circle thingys from coming up now that I’ve started this.
- WTF is that crawling on the wall?
- I’ve gotta go pee.
- I wonder how long before your bladder explodes if you don’t go pee?
- I’d better stop this, everyone will get bored including me.
- I know I can fit in one episode of LOST before I have to cook supper.
- leftover vegetables from the last two nights.
- I’m outta here!!!